Thursday, November 02, 2006

Malamig ba sa Amerika?

Excited talaga ako pumunta sa Amerika at ang talagang ine-expect ko ay ang lamigggg…
Little did I know kapag summer doon, especially sa Mid West (Tulsa), ay nagbabago rin ang temperature.
Our port of entry is San Francisco, and our final destination is Tulsa Oklahoma. We still have two local flights to reach Tulsa. The whole time lumanding kami sa amerika ay nasa loob lang kami ng airport, kahit yung mga local flights namin. Hindi pa kami nakakatungtong sa lupa ng amerika. We landed at around 9 am in Cisco and our next flight is 2:45 pm, going to Denver Colorado. Got in Denver at 6:15 pm and we went straight to our next flight going to Tulsa. Got there at 9 pm. So I’m really excited now, my expectation is high. I could just imagine those American movies that I’ve seen, leather jackets, long sleeves, you know what I mean. When I stepped out of the airport a hot air wind just blew off my face, and all those snows in my mind just melt. I mean, it’s like that there was a big hairdryer blower machine outside that airport. I said to my self, well I don’t know why people ever want to go to America. To make a long story short, the whole time I stayed in Tulsa I was really disappointed but still happy and full of joy because of the conferences that we attended. Now it’s time to go to Minnesota, where my brother in law resides. I generally have an idea of what kind of climate they have. So again I’m really excited to leave the hot Texas and welcome the cool weather of Minnesota.

Halleluiah praise the Lord, I’m in America! Those are the words that come out of my mouth when we landed in Minnesota. We got in the car and we didn’t use air-conditioning. We let the fresh air of America refresh us from the hairdryer experience in Texas. That was just 80degrees Fahrenheit.

Every morning I would check the temp gauge that you see now. I would be the first to tell everyone in the house kung ano ang temp ng umagang yun. Yes! it’s 15 degrees Celsius or 60 degrees Fahrenheit. I went outside and feel the ice cold weather. I couldn’t stand it. I could only stay for 5 minutes. Gravehh! Solid ang lamig. Ok lang sana kung hindi hahangin, pero pag hangin, buong katawan mo walang ligtas.

Pansin nyo rin yun lawn sa labas bagong cut. Hehehe ako nag cut nyan. Anyway babalik paba ako sa amerika o hindi na? BABALIK! Pero sa malamig na panahon. Hindi siguro summer.

3 comments:

ira gatmaitan said...

hehehe. gusto ko rin ma-experience to kuya!!!

Lowe said...

sige ate ma-experience mo rin yan!

NengDeLeon said...

at fresh na fresh pa nga sa akin ang lamig na tate!!! punta na tyuuuuu!!! heheheeh